Your office copier plays an important role in supporting the productivity rate of your company and its staff. This means that keeping the Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci in its best condition is a critical thing to do to maintain an efficient work environment. Workers rely on office copiers and printers excessively for simple daily tasks like printing and copying. However, copiers and printers today are able to perform so much more than just basic tasks. They are now relied on to send files over the cloud, and assemble projects. To ensure your office copier remains in a tip-top condition for much longer, continue reading to learn about some useful tips that you can follow.
Keeping an Office Copier and Printer in Top Shape
All hands need to be on deck to keep your Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci in top shape. Workers need to care for the copier by reacting quickly when any glitches are discovered. If necessary, an appointment with a professional service team may also need to be scheduled.
Warming Up the Copier When It Is Cold
When the office closes for the weekend, the Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci stops functioning temporarily too. It goes into sleep mode which uses 0.5 W of power and requires a certain process to be awakened. When it eventually wakes up, it automatically enters into calibration mode. This needs some time for its drum to warm up before it can print efficiently. The Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci takes approximately 18 seconds or less to complete this whole process. During this period, just wait patiently and refrain from pressing any buttons. When ready, the device makes use of 40 W of power.
Overloading the Paper Tray
When the paper tray is overloaded, the Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci may face issues in feeding the paper into the device which may cause a paper jam. The Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci can only accommodate the following types of paper/weight:
- 150 sheets 52 – 300g/m2, Custom (98 x 148 to 1220 x 320 mm), (Banner 136–163 g/m2) A6R – SRA3 (450 x 320 mm), Banner maximum 1220 x 304.8 mm (multi-purpose tray)
- 2 x 500 sheet 52 – 300g/m2 (standard universal paper cassette)
- A6R up to SRA3 (lower cassette)
- A6R up to A4R (upper cassette)
Clearing Paper Jams in Kyocera TASKalfa
It is normal to feel frustrated when a paper gets jammed in the copier. However, always maintain your cool and do not be rough with the Kyocera TASKalfa 3554ci. Follow proper procedures to get the problem resolved in no time and let your device remain in its best shape at all times.
Cassette 1 or 2
- Pull the cover up and open up the left cover 1 or 2.
- Remove any jammed paper and pull out cassette 1 or 2.
- Remove any jammed paper and be sure to clear any loose scraps of paper if it is torn during removal.
- Push back cassette 1 in its original place and close left cover 1 or 2.
- Remove all papers loaded on the tray.
- Pull out any jammed paper and pull up left cover 1 lever to open it up.
- Remove any jammed paper and get rid of any loose scraps of paper if it is torn.
- Pull out cassette 1 and turn the B2 green knob at least 10 times to remove any jammed paper.
- Pull out B3 paper unit and B4 feed unit cover to remove any jammed paper.
- Push back B3 and B4 securely into position.