If you are a business looking to get onboard with document management software, there may be a few considerations you need to take into account before deciding on the perfect solution. In today’s digital world, document management software is used to reduce the reliance on hard-copy documents as well as enhance the security of digital documents. Used to track, share and manage documents within the workplace, investing in the right software can pay off over time as paper use is reduced and efficiency is increased. However, there are some questions businesses should ask themselves before investing in document management software.
Although getting a good document management software almost certainly pays off in the long run, small businesses need to consider the upfront costs of implementing one. Depending on the number of documents and users your business has, this can cost anything between $25 up to $200 per user monthly! That’s why it is important to calculate how much you can afford to spend before going all out and investing in document management software.
Document Related Concerns
Chances are, if you are looking to invest in new software, it means that your business has yet to make a full transition to digital documentation. Transferring your physical filing system into the digital world can be a long and complex process, and some questions you need to ask yourself are:
- What is the status of your current filing system? Is it a mix of physical and digital, and what are your eventual goals?
- What are the reasons you are looking to move to a digital filing system?
- What is the amount of time required to locate a physical document as compared to a digital one?
- How effective is your current digital document search function?
- How often do you scan documents, and can you search for text within these scans?
A good document management software can offer enhanced security features for your digital documents that you do not have access to now. Simply creating and storing documents on the computer may be a short-term solution, but as your business evolves, you will need a securely backed-up digital filing system. Here are some questions you should consider:
- How secure is your current digital filing system?
- How often have documents been lost due to security or backup reasons?
- Is there an authentication process in place for your staff?
- Can unauthorized persons access your system?
Engage Document Management Services at Ameritechnology
If your business is looking to get onboard with document management, you are at the right place with Ameritechnology. Since 1984, we have been operating on the promise of delivering excellent one-on-one services for our clients in order to boost productivity and efficiency. With expertise in effective document management, our professional team is confident of improving your bottom line when you engage us. If you have any questions regarding our products and services or would like a recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact us today.