Color calibration is useful in helping to improve color consistency by compensating the slight difference in color that appears in a print job due to individual dissimilarities found among different printers. To execute color calibration, a test pattern will be printed which will then be read by the printer automatically. This operation will allow the automatic setting of the calibration adjustment values that reflect the print result of the test pattern. To learn the important guidelines for Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000 printer color calibration, continue reading the article.
Important Factors to Note
- Maintain a constant humidity environment and temperature during calibration in the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000. Maintain a humidity range of 40 to 60 % and within the temperature range of 59 to 86 °F. This can help to increase the precision of color stability when performing color calibration.
- Performing color calibration under different humidity and temperature conditions may prevent the printer from carrying out proper adjustments.
- Before executing any color calibration, make sure that the printer is not exposed to any strong source of light or sunlight. This can help to ensure that proper adjustments can be performed effectively by the printer.
Recommended Periods for Color Calibration
Color calibration in the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000 is highly recommended for the following situations:
- After replacement of print head
- After first installation of printer
- If there is a variation of colors even when using the same print environment under identical conditions
- When the execution guide is being shown
- To print with colors that are in sync with multiple printers
Performing Color Calibration
Color calibration in the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000 can be done by following through with the processes below:
- Confirm if the paper to be loaded is suitable for color calibration.
- Load up the paper.
- Tap on the Home Screen and select Maintenance. The Maintenance screen will appear.
- Tap on the Color Calibration option to display a selection screen.
- Tap on Auto Adjust. A confirmation prompt will be displayed for you to make a selection.
- Tap on Yes. The paper source screen will appear for you to make a selection.
- Tap Paper Source and select the source with the loaded paper. This will activate the color calibration process and the calibration adjustment value will be automatically set.
Other Menu Items in the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000
There are certain menu items which can be selected accordingly as follows:
- You can choose whether the calibration adjustment value needs to be applied when printing by enabling or disabling the option. However, if the settings of your printer are different from the calibration value of the printer driver, the values set in the printer driver will be prioritized.
- The color calibration adjustment time and date can be set by you as well as the executed media type.
- The message prompt asking if color calibration needs to be performed can be selected on the touchscreen for various situations that include a new print head installation, some printing is done after a successful color calibration, and upon the initialization of the color calibration data.
- You may also clear the adjustment values of the color calibration as well as the adjustment information.
Following the right color calibration process ensures that your documents are crisp and colored correctly. If you are looking for more tips on how to enhance your Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000’s color management capabilities, do not hesitate to contact Ameritechnology today.