Do you own a Canon PROGRAF TA-20 printer? If so, you may have encountered the ‘toner life end’ message on the display from time to time. When that happens, do you know how to clear it? We give you a step-by-step guide in this article.
What is the ‘Toner Life End’ Message?
When you see this message on your printer’s display alongside a flashing orange light, this is a sign that your toner is running low on ink. While you can still continue to print, you should be aware that the toner is reaching the end of its life and will need to be replaced soon.
Checking CANON PROGRAF TA-20 Remaining Levels
If you are worried that toner may run out halfway through an important print job, you can check the remaining level of your toner cartridge at any time by following these simple steps:
- Tap ‘Ink Information’ on the home screen. This will take you to the ‘current estimated ink levels’ screen.
- As your PROGRAF TA-20 has ink tanks and sub ink tanks, you can check the remaining levels for both. If your ink tank has run out of ink, you can still print using your sub ink tank. A ‘!’ indicates a low level of ink and a ‘X’ indicates that ink has run out completely.
- The next step is to replace toners and ink tanks as needed.
When to Replace Toners
When do you know that it’s time to replace your toners? Below are some indicators:
- An orange light and message that says ‘Toner Life End’ appears on the display screen
- When printing gets disabled because the toner has run out of ink, you will receive a notification on the touch screen
- If you are already aware that your toner is running low and you have a large print job coming up, replacing the toner is a wise decision
Tapping replace on the home screen should trigger the replacement procedure to appear on the touchscreen. Nevertheless, we give you a step-by-step guide below:
- Open the toner cover.
- Press the tip of the lock lever and pull it up.
- Remove the old toner and tap ‘OK’.
- Shake the new toner in its pouch a few times before opening it.
- Open the pouch, making sure not to touch the ink holes and metal contacts.
- Tap ‘OK’ and insert the toner into the holder. The labelled side should be facing up with the text aligned in the proper direction.
- Push the lock lever into place.
- Close the cover.
Shop the CANON PROGRAF TA-20 at Ameritechnology
If you are looking for a cost-effective large format printer for your business, big or small, the CANON PROGRAF TA-20 is your best choice. When you shop with us at Ameritechnology, you can be assured that we have been delivering the one-on-one services our clients need to improve their bottom line since 1984. If you have any questions regarding our CANON products, please feel free to contact us today.