Ameritechnology offers premium Document Management Solutions!
You have finally made a commitment to keeping your files in an archival format that may be easily accessed and retrieved by all of your employees.
Now what? How do I actually go about starting this task? Is this something we can handle in-house or do I need to seek the advice of a professional?
There are some very important questions you need to ask yourself.
- What is my budget for this project? You need to take a hard look at what you want to achieve and document management on a budget will end up costing you more in the long run.
- How much capacity will I need to achieve this? (how many files do I need converted)
- Do I want to store my files locally or in a cloud system?
- Do I have the equipment to scan my paper documents to the system? (Copier/MFP/Scanner)
- How often do the documents need to be accessed and by whom?
- What will be the policy for creating new documents and who will be responsible for archiving those?
- What programs do I use to create documents and will that interface with my new system seamlessly?
So there is a jumping off point! Get the answers to these questions and create a list of additional questions that might be prevalent to your business (HIPPA compliancy) and contact a professional. Yes, get some help! Even if you choose to tackle this project completely on your own, I would still seek the advice of a pro. Most consultants will offer complimentary consultations and often provide you with a blueprint for a successful deployment. Even if there is a small fee involved, that will be minor compared to the costs of heading this project in the wrong direction.
Most decision makers quickly realize that taking on a task as monumental as document archival is something that should be left to the professionals. Once you face the fact that the on-going costs will quickly end up costing you more in time and aggravation then the actual costs of a pro, you’ll understand that growing YOUR business is far more important than managing your documents. Leave that work to the people that truly understand the processes and workflows and are able to implement them for you. Once set up and operating properly, most document management systems become self-sufficient and manage themselves with little to no further involvement other than actually adding documents to the system.
Ameritechnology is a proud supporter and re-seller of MaxxVault Document Management Systems. We are always available for [iphorm_popup id=”2″ name=”New Quote Needed”]no charge consultations[/iphorm_popup]