Replacing the waste toner container on the Kyocera TASKalfa (WT860)
- Open the front cover
- Press the blue waste toner release button (below the toner cartridge)
- Gently withdraw the tray
- Flip cap closed on the toner waste bottle
- Remove bottle from tray
- Place the old waste cartridge in the plastic bag provided (new waste cartridge)
- Discard old waste container in accordance to local laws
- Remove new waste container from package
- Flip cap open
- Place waste container back in tray
- Close the tray (listen for click)
- Close the front cover
Following these simple steps will insure the proper and safe replacement of the waste toner container on the Kyocera TASKalfa series with collection bottle product number WT860
Many people ask why some copiers have a waste toner collection system and some do not? This is really a manufacturer specific choice. There is always excess toner that is used during the copy process, some manufactures “recycle” that used toner, and some send it off to a waste toner collection container.
There can be valid arguments made for both systems. On one hand, by recycling the toner you are ensuring a more ecological environment by not needing to discard the waste. The other side of the argument says that the quality of the output is degraded by utilizing “used” toner.
When push comes to shove, you’ll need to make up your mind as to your preference and weigh the options. Do you want to be environmentally sound or is copy quality more important to you? Remember, there is always safe and proper ways to discard used toner and they can be very effective methods, thus keeping quality at its highest while remaining environmentally conscience.